Remote Learners Update 9-3-20
COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 1
149 South Elm Street
Winchester, Illinois 62694
Kevin Blankenship Andy Stumpf Denny Vortman
Superintendent WGS Principal WHS Principal
Dear Students and Parents,
In order to better serve our students, Winchester Schools will be making a change to the structure of remote learning. Instruction will now be provided in a live, synchronous format for students who are learning at home. This will provide the opportunity for remote learners to participate in class discussions and lessons. Remote learning students must be present on google meet during designated class times and attendance will be taken. This change to remote learning will begin on Tuesday, September 8th.
All remote learning students will now be required to participate in live classes:
- Winchester Schools will be utilizing live streaming/recording of in-person instruction, which may include class discussions and student participation.
- Access will only be provided to students in the class.
- When accessing live streaming lessons and/or utilizing recorded lessons, it is the expectation of students that information learned about other students should be maintained in a confidential manner. Just like when students are present for in-person learning.
- The recording and/or distribution of instructional videos/material is strictly prohibited.
Attendance will be taken throughout the day:
- Kindergarten - 5th grade students must be present during designated teacher instruction times. Classroom teachers will share schedules with students (and parents) for their classes.
- JH/HS students must be present for live instruction the entire class period unless dismissed by the teacher (see class times below).
- PE, Art, Music and Pre-K classes and elementary library will not be live at WGS.
HS Class Times JH Class Times
1st 8:20-8:52 1st 8:10-8:50
2nd 8:55-9:27 2nd 8:50-9:45
3rd 9:30-10:02 3rd 9:45-10:40
4th 10:05-10:37 4th 10:40-11:00 (lunch, PE, WIN)
5th 10:40-11:12 5th 11:00-11:20 (lunch, PE, WIN)
6th 11:15 - 11:47 6th 11:20-11:40 (lunch, PE, WIN)
Lunch 11:50-12:20 7th 11:40-12:25
7th 12:23 - 12:55 8th 12:25-1:10
8th 12:58 - 1:30
We fully believe this change will greatly benefit student learning. If you have any questions, please call Mr. Stumpf at 217-742-9551 or Mr. Vortman at 217-742-3151.